ReactJS – User Interface Like Never Before!ReactJS Technology
A lot of buzz at 1 Hackerway in Menlo Park, California.
Developers at Facebook pour lines of codes and cups of coffee over some code maintenance issues.
There’s a recruitment flurry at its headquarters as Facebook needed more people to keep the app running. The number of features on the Facebook Ad app just got unmanageable.
The number of features on the app is growing so is the number of team members. Over time, the app becomes difficult to handle as they face cascading updates. Company experiences a slowdown.
Their code badly needs an upgrade.
Their user experience needs drastic improvement.
Jordan Walke, a software engineer at Facebook, came up with a solution – a prototype that made the process more efficient.
And ReactJS was born.
Let’s walk the way Jordan Walke has gone with his prototype.
In 2010, Facebook introduced xhp, which allowed creating composite components, into its PHP stack and open sourced it. This syntax was later introduced in React.
Jordan Walke created FaxJS, an early prototype which he worked on and created React.
In 2012, Facebook acquired Instagram and it wanted to adopt Facebook’s new technology. Pete Hunt was the man who decoupled React from Facebook and made it open source.
In 2013, Jordan Walke introduced React. It gets open sourced.
By 2014, React had gained some reputation, and it started to appeal to enterprises like Netflix. AirBnB started using it in 2015, and the first stable version of React Developer Tools and React Native for both iOS and Android were released.
By then we have ReactJS Developers and ReactJS Development Companies foraying aggressively causing massive popularity of React among modern web and mobile application development.
Characteristics of ReactJS
It’s Not an MVC Framework
React is a library for building composable UI creating reusable UI components with dynamic data presentation.
React unifies markup and view logic and makes it easier to extend and maintain views. It has less surface area for XSS vulnerabilities because of the absence of manual string concatenation.
Updates Can’t be More Simpler
React does it differently.
When the component is initialized first, the render method is called, generating a lightweight representation of the view. From that representation, a string of markup is produced and injected into the document. When your data changes, the render method is called again. To perform the updates efficiently, we diff the return value from the previous call to render with the new one and generate a minimal set of changes to be applied to the DOM.
The data returned from render is neither a string nor a DOM node – it’s a lightweight description of what the DOM should look like.
This is called reconciliation. This re-render is so fast that the ReactJS Developer doesn’t need to explicitly specify data bindings. (Courtesy: https://reactjs.org/blog/2013/06/05/why-react.html)
React has the Coolest Library
ReactJS is getting so popular these days that it’s taking over the front-end development. We think it’s basically because React opened the doors to a new possibility to developers and browsers, a new language they can use to communicate with each other – the language of User Interface.
- It’s tough to work with DOM API, and ReactJS Developers are equipped with the capability to work with a virtual browser that is much friendlier than the real browser.
- React skills can be used to develop native mobile applications, and it enables React JS Developers to share some logic between their web, Android and iOS applications.
- The ReactJS Development team at Facebook is dedicated to testing all features and improvements that get introduced to React on facebook.com which increases the credibility of the library and its community.
- Instead of struggling with steps to describe transactions on interfaces, ReactJS Developers just need to describe the interfaces in terms of a final state. React updates the interfaces based on the transactions happening to that state.
Design Concepts of React
- Reusable and Composable Components – Components are simple functions in any language. You call functions with some input and they give you some output. You may reuse them or compose bigger ones from smaller functions. You can reuse a single component in multiple UIs and there could be components inside components.
- Automatic Updates – This we have discussed earlier, but as a critical design concept it gains significance here. When the input (React component) changes, the output (UI it represents) also changes. React enables automatic reflection of these changes in the browser and update the DOM when required.
Virtual DOM method is not just insanely efficient, but also overly simplifies the way we think about updating UI.
For a developer or a developing company, a major goal to strive for when using a framework or language is simplicity. Over time, it is the simpler application that is more maintainable, testable and delivers performance. By striving for functional purity in components, React strives to achieve simplicity.
Spericorn Stands for Simplicity
We all know in the world of development, achieving “simplicity” is not simple at all. As a ReactJS Development Company, our constant focus is on delivering simple solutions to complicated situations. With React, delving deeper into complex project requirements demands a confident grasp of React JS and its core principles. Our ReactJS Development team has been bombarded with such challenges over and over and now it has become a way of life for them.
A simple and elegant UI with enhanced user experience is what a business needs to bring about more user engagement, click-through-rates and conversions. ReactJS makes apps faster and deliver better UX.
If you are thinking what to do with your latest UI/UX project or is considering overhauling of your app UI/UX, a short phone call to us could make a long difference. After all, we are a passionate ReactJS Development Company.